Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Rock...ROCKS!!!

Next up in our "Where to Take ALL of Your Kids to Have Fun" Series...


As you may recall, I have three kids (ages 12, 8 and 3), and finding places to take all of them, where they will ALL have fun, is difficult at best.  BUT...I am super excited about our next stop on our Tour de Fun - for EVERYONE!

A mom friend of mine told me about a pizza joint that she takes her family to.  She claimed that ALL of her kids were occupied, pleasant, quiet and eating the entire time they are there.  I did NOT believe her, so I called Sean (the Highlands Ranch location manager) and arranged a visit.  Fingers crossed!


First of all, there is so much to look at at The Rock.  My three year old was pointing out posters and lighting that he found fascinating, while my 12 year old talked classic rock with the Hubs (all of the pizzas are named after Classic Rock songs and you know it was playing in the background).  My daughter was mesmerized by twirling, airborne pizza crusts in the open kitchen.  And the real fun hadn't even begun...

Our server brought pizza dough for my kids to sculpt with.  PIZZA DOUGH!!!  (I was a little jealous that I didn't have my own piece to play with!)  No joke...my kids were mini pizza chefs throughout the entire meal, only taking quick breaks to shovel the amazing food into their mouths.  I have NEVER seen them so content at a restaurant in my 12 years of parenting.
 

I was pleasantly surprised at just how family friendly The Rock was...I mean, they even had PB&J Pizza on the kids' menu!  Kids are encouraged to check things out, and The Rock does tours for groups of kids on a regular basis!

I have to take a moment and talk about MY favorite part...the food.  I consider myself an onion ring conissuer, and was more than pleased to partake in the BEST rings I have ever had.  In. My. Life.  And that was just the beginning!  I was born and raised in New York, so it takes a lot to impress me with a pie (pizza, that is, for all of you West of the Mississippi).  Consider me impressed.  I can't wait to take my Dad the next time he visits!  The hubs had a crazy pizza (Bat Outta Hell) full of pecans, hot peppers and herbed cream cheese, and I had to wrestle him just for a taste.

        Pizza Shot       

Needless to say, we were absolutely stuffed...but in that good, "the food was so amazing  you can't stop eating it" way.  We had to squeeze in dessert, so we ordered the Skillet Cookie and Skillet Apple Pie.  Holy Hell in a Handbasket.  A-MAHZ-ING.

Amazing Food.  Well-behaved kids.
Adult conversation.  Classic Rock.

(Did I mention well-behaved kids????)

Go!  NOW!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment